Set up a VPN connection to Dual Viewer for Windows XP
Windows 7 & Windows Vista setup guide
- On the computer that is running Windows XP, confirm that the connection to the Internet is correctly configured.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Network Connections.
- Click Create a new connection.
- In the Network Connection Wizard, click Next.
- Click Connect to the network at my workplace, and then click Next.
- Click Virtual Private Network connection, and then click Next.
- If you are prompted to, do one of the following:
- o If you use a dial-up connection to connect to the Internet, click Automatically dial this initial connection, and then click your dial-up Internet connection from the list.
- If you use a full-time connection such as a cable modem, click Do not dial the initial connection.
- Click Next.
- Type the name of your company or type a descriptive name for the connection, and then click Next.
- Type the host name or the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that you want to connect to, and then click Next.
- Click Anyone's use if you want the connection to be available to anyone who logs on to the computer, or click My use only to make it available only when you log on to the computer, and then click Next.
- Click to select the Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop check box if you want to create a shortcut on the desktop, and then click Finish.
- If you are prompted to connect, click No.
- In the Network Connections window, right-click the new connection.
- Click Properties, and then configure more options for the connection:
- If you are connecting to a domain, click the Options tab, and then click to select the Include Windows logon domain check box to specify whether to request Windows logon domain information before you try to connect.
- If you want the computer to redial the connection if the line is dropped, click the Options tab, and then click to select the Redial if line is dropped check box.
To use the connection, follow these steps:
- 1. Use one of the following methods:
- Click Start, point to Connect To, and then click the new connection.
- If you added a connection shortcut to the desktop, double-click the shortcut on the desktop.
- If you are not currently connected to the Internet, Windows offers to connect to the Internet.
- After your computer connects to the Internet, the VPN server prompts you for your user name and password. Type your user name and password, and then click Connect. Your network resources should be available to you in just like they are when you connect directly to the network.
- To disconnect from the VPN, right-click the icon for the connection, and then click Disconnect